Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

219 scope mount

(1/3) > >>

sghart3578:
Hello friends,

I recently bought a Savage 219 in 22 Hornet.  It is drilled and tapped on the left side with two 10-32 holes about 2 3/8" C-C. My Googling leads me to believe that the holes are for a Weaver "T" mount.

If that is so then which one do I need?  I see T1's, T4's, T6's, etc.  Some are curved and some are straight sided.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve in N CA

Garnett:
Steve, I have not put a side mount on any of my M219's.  I do have a side mount by Weaver.  It is a "Type N".  The instructions say the N2 is made for the Savage M219 for a low position and N3 for high position.  Maybe someone can help with info on the mounts you have found.  While mine is a N5, the holes in the factory drilled and tapped barrel on my gun line up perfectly.  I think the only difference in the N5 that I have is the flat surface on the base instead of a curved base to fit the 219 barrel.   since my mount shown is for a 3/4 inch scope, is your mount for a 1 inch?

sghart3578:
I have not purchased any of the weaver side mounts yet.  When I bought the rifle it had a 3/4" scope mounted on it with an odd style of rings. 

Unfortunately they were drilled off center.  And the scope was damaged internally.

The rifle also has a set of holes drilled on the side and I was hoping to use those.  Does your N5 mount position the scope over the center of the bore?  If so I think that would work for me.

By the way, the front sight you sold me works perfectly. I had it out yesterday and had a lot of fun.

Steve

Garnett:
Steve, You have what I call a "second Model Utica" 219.  It has the later alloy trigger guard, but still has the slim trigger.  Your barrel appears to be drilled and tapped at the factory for a side mount.  The writing is normally on the left side of the barrels except those drilled and tapped by the factory.  They then put the writing on the top of the barrel.  The N5 has a flat base, but as I mentioned, I think the N2 made for the 219 bill have a curved base and it should be directly over the bore.     Because of the flat base on the N5, the center line is just a little to the left of the bore.  I hope this helps.  The rifle looks nice.  I am glad the front sight worked.

Garnett:
Steve, Look at these two numbers on Ebay.  Both are for the N2 mount.  There is also another N3 mount for sale.
402 439 849 793   Buy It Now. 

203 108 152 202  bid for mount and scope

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version