Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

My 219 still misfires

<< < (5/5)

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: MikeLeong on November 03, 2021, 10:31:48 AM ---I will maybe play with leaving the primers sticking out just a bit on some reloads......

--- End quote ---

The firing pin may just shove the primers forward in the primer pocket, cushioning the blow and giving another misfire.  I'd be interested to know how you make out!

~Kees~

Cleetus:
Yes, my comment about the primers protruding was meant to ask if they protrude after firing. This would be an indication of too much headspace. I have a .22 hornet barrel that is basically useless because of the headspace issue. When the cartridges do go off they pop Bach and then make the gun hard to open.
I also looked at my different strikers and the right angle notch in the Utica strikers is further back than the angled notch in the later style striker for the 220A type action. Hence the striker would have the effect of not being fully cocked. Also as mentioned earlier the yoke that guides the striker and safety plunger might be tight and/or misaligned.

Cleetus:
One last test for a worn action issue on the headspace issue. With the gun closed take the forearm off and see if there is any wiggle or play in the barrel. These guns can feel tight with the forearm on exerting pressure on the lug and hinge pin but not without

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version