Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

CNC Program for Model 219 Striker fired

(1/6) > >>

mkd123:
Don't know if any interest  but i am working with a gentlemen on writing a CNC Program for building a Model 219 Striker fired from the ground up. He is working on a few modifications in the locking since the locking block while serviceable is minimal. Additionally he is helping design a double set trigger system. I hope to construct a 219 in 30-30 only because its a true American Classic.

respectfully
mkd123

Mike Armstrong:
Let us know how that striker project goes!

(I'm less positive about a double set trigger because I flip shotgun and rifle barrels constantly and am unsure how a double set trigger would work on a shotgun where "quick" is essential.  And I remember the only other US hammerless break action "stalking rifle" I can think of,  the TCR-83 and some of its problems).

Garnett:
MKD123, This sounds like a very interesting project.  I have put double set triggers on two Mauser sporters I have built.  Please keep us posted on the results.  Also, please excuse my ignorance, but what is a CNC Program?

mkd123:
I admit the double triggers are an adventure but i believe i can modify the design found on currently produced Hawken muzzle-loaders. I have done a few trial runs and the modifictaion looks promising. CNC is simply a computer program that allows a user to design a product and then literally make that product at the desired dimensions on a CNC equiped lathe and milling machine. Writing the program is a term for entering the specific measurements and contours that you want the lathe or milling machine to cut. Actually once the program is written the largest part of the work is accomplihed by the machine. For instance, we have taken all the external and internal measurements from my 219 receiver and are now writing the program to build a reciever. If all goes well with that we will do the same with the internal components. Writing the program is the most expensive part of the process. My hope is to build a brand new model 219 (striker fired) to see if i can do it and to test the market and see if any real interest exist in the firearms industry,  Hope that helps

respectfully
mkd123

Garnett:
I think the idea is exciting.  Please keep us informed. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version