Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

CNC Program for Model 219 Striker fired

<< < (2/6) > >>

Mike Armstrong:
A neat project!  IMO you should leave the 219 safety alone and not get caught up in multiple "belt-and-suspenders" systems like T-C did with their break-open stalking rifle, the TCR-83, etc.  One good safety is plenty. 

I'm not sure if the rifle's auto ejector needs to be retained, tho.  Most single shot rifle nuts are reloaders and don't like to spend time chasing brass down with the chiggers!  Apparently that's why you can "turn off" the auto ejector on Ruger #1s, and mine have never been "on"!  An auto ejector is a good deal on the shotgun version, tho.

Garnett:

--- Quote from: mkd123 on January 26, 2015, 07:26:23 PM ---Don't know if any interest  but i am working with a gentlemen on writing a CNC Program for building a Model 219 Striker fired from the ground up. He is working on a few modifications in the locking since the locking block while serviceable is minimal. Additionally he is helping design a double set trigger system. I hope to construct a 219 in 30-30 only because its a true American Classic.

respectfully
mkd123

--- End quote ---

Do you think the double trigger system might be adaptable to existing M219's?

pivotaction:

--- Quote from: Garnett on February 17, 2015, 10:36:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: mkd123 on January 26, 2015, 07:26:23 PM ---Don't know if any interest  but i am working with a gentlemen on writing a CNC Program for building a Model 219 Striker fired from the ground up. He is working on a few modifications in the locking since the locking block while serviceable is minimal. Additionally he is helping design a double set trigger system. I hope to construct a 219 in 30-30 only because its a true American Classic.

respectfully
mkd123

--- End quote ---

Do you think the double trigger system might be adaptable to existing M219's?

--- End quote ---

Fitting an aftermarket Double Set Trigger to the 219??

Garnett:
Years ago, a friend had a German single shot, hammerless, break open rifle, with double set triggers.  So....they will work on some SS actions.

pivotaction:
Most likely that DoubleSetTrigger was custom made along with the rifle.  When I read your question, I immediately thought of this:  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/986028/necg-double-set-rifle-trigger-mauser-98-traditional-style?cm_vc=ProductFinding

.......an aftermarket DoubleSetTrigger.  Can it be made to fit the 219??   It's for a bolt action but can it work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version