Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

Forearm variations

(1/5) > >>

Sentry44:
OK, so next issue.  I'm shopping around for a shotgun barrel for my early 219 (.30-30).  Will I need to acquire a shotgun forearm as well?  I would think there's a good deal of crossover (.30-30 also fits maybe 16 & 20 ga?  just 20ga?)...but that for 12 ga or .410 I'd need new forearms.

Given mine is a .30-30, is my assumption correct that some shotgun gauges will fit?  If so...which ones?

- Sentry44

Garnett:
Sentry44, While I have all gauges, I have not yet have time to study which gauge/caliber will interchange.  I have been away from home since before Christmas, just arriving back yesterday.  My guns are packed away at a safe place and it will be few days before I get them back home.  I will study a little and try to answer your question.  Best wishes, Garnett

Sentry44:
Thanks, Garnett!  You're owning most of the variations sure makes that helpful.

For the record, it's a 16 ga or 20 ga that I'm shopping for.  But I'd like to know about all the variation...just info to have.  In fact, when you've figured it out, this might be a topic you make "sticky" on the site, as an information utility.  (just a suggestion)

It's probably a decent assumption that Savage only used two barrel sizes for shotgun:  12/16 & 20/410, the latter of each just having more meat on them.  Even so, the question begs answering which rifle calibers align with which shotgun forearm, and vice versa.

Thx for looking into it Garnett,

- Sentry44

Garnett:
I do know that the "Utility" guns sets were furnished with a forearm for each barrel. 

Garnett:

--- Quote from: Sentry44 on January 12, 2015, 08:39:33 AM ---Thanks, Garnett!  You're owning most of the variations sure makes that helpful.

For the record, it's a 16 ga or 20 ga that I'm shopping for.  But I'd like to know about all the variation...just info to have.  In fact, when you've figured it out, this might be a topic you make "sticky" on the site, as an information utility.  (just a suggestion)

It's probably a decent assumption that Savage only used two barrel sizes for shotgun:  12/16 & 20/410, the latter of each just having more meat on them.  Even so, the question begs answering which rifle calibers align with which shotgun forearm, and vice versa.

Thx for looking into it Garnett,

- Sentry44

--- End quote ---
   I am home now, but the guns have still not been retrieved from "Safe" storage when I am away.  I have not forgotten and will look in to your question.  Best wishes, Garnett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version