Savage Single Shot Firearms > General Discussion

219s

(1/2) > >>

Alfred Nesbitt:
Well I added to my collection a pretty nice 25-20.  It Has been reblued at some point.  Nice little rifle.  I now have five of these things in the safe, and half a dozen shotgun barrels. 

One is a matched set 30-30 and 16ga. with matching numbers on the barrels and action.  One 22 Hornet with Weaver Scope that looks like it just came from a farmers wall and was well taken care of (thank the Lord for old guys who really took care of their guns).  The others are 30-30s but I do have a couple other barrels and a few parts I have accumulated.

This is kind of addictive.  And to think, I am a Ruger Number 1 Guy....

Garnett:
Al, first let me say that the Ruger No. 1 is a great rifle.  I prefer the model with the Alexander Henry forearm.  I have had 3 and let them get away.  Next one will be a keeper for sure.  It is nice to know there are some other people who like the Savages.  Sometimes I have felt like the "Maytag repairman"!  :-)    You mentined you had extra barrels....any of them in .32-20?  I have one .25-20 and several Hornets.  I would also like to get a M219 in .22 Long Rifle caliber or at least get some pictures of one.  Best wishes, Garnett

Alfred Nesbitt:
Garnet,

Like you, I too am searching for the elusive 32-20 and I have found one with a 410 barrel also.  Now if I can just get it.....I have been trying for almost a year now.

I have an extra Hornet and an extra 30-30 barrel and the rest are shotgun barrels.  I could use a 20 ga. foreend if you have an extra laying around or run across one.  One of these days I will fill out the sheets for you and will send some pictures also.

My Number 1s are all RSIs, I like the Manlicher sp stocks, also have two M77 with that stock.  I just like Rugers too.

One of these days I will find a 219 stocked that way. All mine are Utica guns except one.

Al

Garnett:
al, i wish you good luck on getting the .32-20, and with an extra .410 barrel, that is a great find!  do the numbers match and are there 2 forearms with the set?  please keep us posted!

Alfred Nesbitt:
Garnet,

The 32-20 has a broken stock(I have a new old one), one forearm, and numbers match. 

Al

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version