Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

Utica 219, 30-30 win

(1/2) > >>

mkd123:
Hi all, new to forum. I have a couple of Model 219's of which one is a utica gun (striker fired). It inconsistently misfires. I have completely disassembled, cleaned, polished rough spots and still suffer from misfires. There is a definitive difference in the striker sound with the misfires.  I have thought about replacing the striker assembly with one from GunParts Corp. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Respectfully
mkd123

Garnett:
This is really strange.  I have no idea what may be causing your problem, but maybe someone can help.  The striker assembly is not very expensive from GPC, and I would try that if it were my gun.  Please keep us posted.  Best wishes, Garnett

mkd123:
Thats what i planned to do, just wanted another opinion before i ordered. I plan on ordering a couple of mainsprings from Wolfe also

respectfully
mkd123

Garnett:
I did not know Wolfe had mainsprings.  Thanks for sharing that with us.  I have always heard good things said about the Wolfe springs for other guns.

Mike Armstrong:
Yeah, that's very good to know, given the dearth of 210/220 parts out there.  Now we need a source of new firing pins and forearms irons!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version