Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hi! My Name is... / Re: G'day All
« Last post by Garnett on May 05, 2024, 11:46:52 PM »
Steven, Welcome to the forum!  You have a very hard to find caliber in the .25-20.  Also, I can see from the steel trigger guard, that your rifle is what I call a  "First Model Utica".  It could have been made before WWII.  Few of these rifles had serial numbers, and even if it did, the records have been lost.  We look forward to more pictures. 
Hi! My Name is... / G'day All
« Last post by StevenJ on May 05, 2024, 09:51:11 PM »
Gday all,

Thanks to Garnett for assisting me to get onto this forum. I recently picked up a Savage 219 chambered for 25-20. In trying to find out about my new purchase, I landed here and started reading. It seems at this is the calibre that people would like to complete their collection but this gun is no collectors piece. Ill open another topic to discuss it and to ask my questions and keep this as an intro.

My interests are making black powder and learning how to do as much as I possibly can myself to get my rifle shooting. I can't see that I would ever make my own brass or primers, but just about everything else is fair game.

My purchase precipitated because I was looking for a single shot that is easy to clean from any black powder fouling. I already use my black powder to load my shotgun but I wanted a cartridge gun to test my powder more quantitatively. I was also after a caliber that was suited to my small 18 acre parcel of land.

For me, I think I enjoy tinkering with the guns more than I like shooting them. I do like to shoot, but for me shooting is the moment of truth that the variables I have been chasing have had an effect.

Below is the photo that I think seems to interest people the most. Plenty more photos to follow.

Buy, Sell, Wanted, and Trade... / New Book For Sale: The Ithaca Model 49 Saddlegun
« Last post by Garnett on March 27, 2024, 11:18:18 AM »
This book is about the Ithaca Model 49 Saddlegun.  This single shot .22 caliber rifle was made from 1961 to 1978.  It is a Martini style action with an outside hammer.  This 128 page book has 17 chapters of text along with color photographs.  It shares the history of this rifle along with disassembly/reassembly instructions.  It also has pictures of all the parts.  The text is large and easy to read.  The cost is $40 with free shipping via USPS Media rate to the lower 48 states.
Please click on pictures below to enlarge.

Hi! My Name is... / Re: Greetings
« Last post by Garnett on March 25, 2024, 10:37:04 AM »
Rick, Welcome to this forum!  I suggest checking EBay as some of these parts come up for sale from time to time, but they are hard to find.  Best wishes, Garnett
Other Savage, Stevens, & Fox Firearms / Re: Stevens No. 10 Rear Sight Needed
« Last post by rickomatic on March 24, 2024, 11:58:33 PM »
As I am new here, both to the forum and collecting Stevens' I do not have one to offer. However I will add it to my list of Unicorns to look out for at our local gun shows. I too am in need of a couple parts and pieces for a Model 10. Specifically, a main spring, grip screws and standoffs, and barrel latch assembly. My pistol has these items, but they are cobbled together as the original owner more than likely lost them.
Hi! My Name is... / Greetings
« Last post by rickomatic on March 24, 2024, 11:44:06 PM »
Greetings, fellow gun nuts. My name is Rick, and I've been collecting guns long enough that some of the first ones I purchased in my youth have aged into C&R status, just like me.  ;D
I just recently wandered onto the path of Savage/Stevens and am having lots of fun learning. I hope to get a lot of knowledge here on this subject as I accumulate a few, or too many examples myself.
These early sets are very hard to find.  Thanks for giving my Forum members a chance to purchase!
For your consideration is my early Utica made M223 utility gun. Has the nice early curved metal trigger guard. This is a rage combination. Both the 26" 30-30 and the 28" 2.75" chambered 20 gauge barrel  have bright and shiny bores/chamber/sharp rifling. The rifles wear looks to be from age and storage vs a lot of field use. The 30-30 barrel has been drilled and taped for a scope, and I'll include the scope rails that are currently on it.

Overall I would say that the metal/bluing/wood is 90%plus. Stocks have nice figuring and overall good finish. I've not tried any extensive cleanup, etc. pictures are meant to represent an honest view of the gun.

Asking $650

Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles / Re: What model utility?
« Last post by Garnett on February 17, 2024, 04:01:47 PM »
A really nice set and rare!  Thanks for sharing with us!
Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles / Re: What model utility?
« Last post by TXTROUT66 on February 17, 2024, 03:54:54 PM »
Here are some pictures. It's not mint, but it's in nice shape.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10