Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

22 Hornet, need sights

<< < (2/3) > >>

Garnett:
I am looking daily on the internet.  Maybe one will turn up. 

sghart3578:

--- Quote from: Exchipy on August 25, 2020, 05:27:48 PM ---
Steve,

I apologize to you, sir.  I am embarrassed to admit that my search has not come up with that old front sight.  Guess it was so ugly even I didn’t keep it, and I keep most everything.  I am sorry.

--- End quote ---

Please don't sweat it.  It's the thought that counts and that was a very generous gesture on your part.

Steve in N CA

sghart3578:
Hello friends,

I may have found a front sight for my 219.  Could someone please tell me the stock sight height measured from the barrel to the top of the sight?  Mine is a Utica built rifle if that helps.

Thank you in advance,

Steve in N CA

Garnett:
Steve, The only 219 I have at home right now apparently the front sight was put on using Lok-tite.  I cannot get the screws out.  As best as I can tell with the sight on the barrel is that it measures .381 inches from the barrel to the top of the blade.  I have put long ramp commercial after market front sights on two of my rifles.  They have two screw holes and one lines up prefect with the existing holes in the barrel.  My machinist drilled and tapped for the other screw hole.  If you are going to try to keep your gun all original, the one screw should hold the sight sufficiently.

sghart3578:
Thank you Garnett.  Great information that is much appreciated.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version