Author Topic: Another 219 available  (Read 2672 times)

Mike Armstrong

Another 219 available
« on: May 22, 2017, 10:30:23 AM »
A poster on www.24hourcampfire.com showed me a link to a .30-30 219 w/scope at what seemed to me to be a decent price at http://shop.williamsgunsight.com/moreinfo.aspx?pid=068881&cs=/products. aspx&ai=M

He said it has been in their inventory about a week and that the price was probably pretty firm but you could ask the gun dept mgr. Steve Hicks about the details/condition of the gun and maybe do a little dickering.  There's a toll-free number on their site to call him.

I'm not after a .30-30, but if you are, you might have a look.  Couldn't tell if it was dovetailed for the scope or tapped, or if the stock was walnut but it looked like it might be.  Definitely a later (not early Utica) model.

I haven't done any business with the used gun dept. of Williams, so I don't know anything more about them.  Interesting site, tho.

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Another 219 available
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:19:14 PM »
Mike, I looked at the one picture and it seems to be a grooved receiver to me, but my eyes are old and the picture is not good.  Others may not agree with me, but if someone wants to sell something they should have lots of pictures and a complete description.  As an example, I posted 9 pictures of the stripped M219 receiver I have for sale.  I personally, am not going to waste my time calling about an ad like this one.  I am still looking for a M219 in .32-20. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:21:31 PM by Garnett »