Author Topic: AGCA October 2016 Display  (Read 3641 times)

gwsiii

• Administrator
AGCA October 2016 Display
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:06:35 PM »
AGCA Display
up date, 5-16-22   For some reason, photos disappear after a certain length of time.  I have no way of correcting this.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 07:54:05 PM by Garnett »

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: AGCA October 2016 Display
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 03:24:05 PM »
Pictured is my display for the Alabama Gun Collectors Fall show, this past weekend.  I could only display a small amount of my collection due to limited table space.  The only reason I displayed my Savages is because for the first time in about 4 years the show theme was "OPEN". For  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, only two people said they collected or liked these guns. I included the 3 rifle calibers I have (NO .32-20  :'( ), Trap guns, engraved, guns, all gauges, and all barrel lengths to 36".  One man thought I had welded an extension on the end of the 16 gauge trap gun because "they never made a 16 gauge with a 36" barrel", according to him.  All in all, a fun weekend with my son.  I did finish 2nd from the bottom on the awards and got a nice check. 

Mannyrock

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 06:13:23 PM »
  Nice photos Garnett.  Wish I had been there to see them.

I remember over 50 years ago, my aunt Shirley, who lived in the country outside of Richmond, had a Savage .410 single shot, hung up on a couple of nails in the pantry.   I only saw her shoot it once, but she was constantly taking it down and carrying it to the front door with her if someone came to the door that she didn't know.

One time, a car load of kids pulled up after a football game and were yelling and throwing beer bottles out of the car, trying to get her daughter, my cousin Leigh, to come out.   My aunt walked outside with the shotgun, striding toward the car, fired a blast in the air and broke the action to reload.  The car peeled out.

Being a fancy-pants suburban kid from Fairfax, VA, I was greatly impressed.

She never allowed her husband to touch the Savage, because it was "her" gun!  When he walked out on her, he left it right there on the wall.

Mannyrock

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 06:31:25 PM »
Mannyrock, thanks for sharing and thanks for the compliment!  I would like to add, that the painting of the "Savage" logo is an original by a former Gulf Shores, Alabama artist.  I gave her a color photo and that is what she came up with.  I really like it. garnett