Author Topic: 219B project  (Read 3432 times)

Mike Britton

219B project
« on: January 28, 2018, 12:24:18 PM »

Some photos of the 219B project I promised  in my introduction.
 I wish the gentleman who owned it before had not used a claw hammer to beat out the pins when he disassembled the action, he beat up an otherwise nice action with good color!
 Next stop is my favorite gunsmith to address some issues in the action, possibly the reason why the original owner took the rifle apart in the first place.
 I only have a tad over $100 in the rifle after parts, and a forearm, so I have some room to spend.
 I have always thought that the 219 is one of the most graceful rifles made, and have wanted one since I first laid eyes on one! Here in the DFW area, these jewels are very scarce, and bring premium money, even cut up and crusty! I feel lucky to have this one, even though it is not correct.
 I'm really going to like this forum, information on these rifles is really hard to find, and we will all be able to share knowledge about these neat rifles. Thanks, Mike

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: 219B project
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 12:37:55 PM »
Thanks for the new pictures!  I don't ever recall seeing a forearm grooved like that one.  Who ever did it, did a nice job.  I also like your rifle rest.  Did you make it?  Please keep us posted on your progress with repairs.

Mike Britton

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 06:56:16 AM »
That rest woke me up in the middle of the night! 3:00 AM, and I am in the kitchen drawing out
 patterns for a stand!
  Super easy to make, made from a 1"X 8"X 24" piece of poplar bought at Lowe's.
 Next time I will use Red Oak.

Feel free to copy!

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 10:17:38 AM »
This is really nice!  Thanks for sharing!  I think if i make any, I will make two and get a brass plaque for each, saying "219 Savage"  and "220 Savage".

Mike Britton

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 11:15:46 PM »
This is really nice!  Thanks for sharing!  I think if i make any, I will make two and get a brass plaque for each, saying "219 Savage"  and "220 Savage".

After I made this, I got in the safe. I found all kinds of rifles that will nestle down just fine on that stand. Look for rifles that have a fairly flat forearm. Most all of them will balance just about at the carry point.