Author Topic: Disassembly/Reassembly of the Savage M219/220 Action  (Read 6553 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
Disassembly/Reassembly of the Savage M219/220 Action
« on: January 19, 2017, 12:56:03 PM »
I do not have these instructions in my book, as Savage never published these instructions because supposedly of a "Liability" factor.  I wonder if the main reason was to have everyone send the guns back to the factory for repairs.  :)  Shooting Times magazine, December of 1962 issue, has an excellent article on this single shot action by Frank de Haas.  He gives detailed instructions on disassembly/reassembly of these actions.  A friend gave me a copy, but I have seen them for sale on E-Bay.  The last one sold for $9.00.  I hope this information will be of help to you.

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Disassembly/Reassembly of the Savage M219/220 Action
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »
UPDATE: 8-11-17.  One of the big new things in my Revised Edition of "Savage Single Shot Arms", printed in July of this year (2017), are complete instructions for disassembly and reassembly of both the striker fired and internal hammer fired models of the 219/220 hammerless single shots.   Also there are pictures with the text! With the help of my gunsmith friend, I was able to disassemble and reassemble both type actions.  It was difficult for me, but if I can do it, others should be able to follow the detailed instructions.   
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:08:10 PM by Garnett »

Mike Armstrong

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 06:25:26 PM »
Garnett, that's a really good reason to have the NEW book....which I will soon.

Mike Armstrong

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 06:56:33 PM »
Mike, I hope the instructions will be helpful.  While I disassembled and reassembled both style actions to prove I could do it, and hopefully put the directions in terms everyone could understand, it was difficult for me at my age, eyesight, and weak hands.  I believe my instructions are easier to understand that the previous mentioned instructions in a back issue of Shooting Times.  Also, in my book I have pictures to go with the instructions.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:21:33 PM by Garnett »

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 01:47:57 PM »
Surawrut,   If you have a question about disassembly/reassembly, please post it in the English language, as I believe most of the members here speak English.  I have been unable to translate.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:53:53 PM by Garnett »

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 03:36:11 PM »
Surawrut, I was able finally to translate.  The disassembly is easier than the reassembly, and both were difficult for me, but I was able to do it.  I would not recommend doing it without instructions of some kind. 

Mike Britton

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 11:42:33 AM »
" The disassembly is easier than the reassembly, and both were difficult for me, but I was able to do it.  I would not recommend doing it without instructions."

I can attest to that! I got my 219 already disassembled, aside from the locking bolt.
  I managed to get it together, but I still don't have it running yet, and plan to take it to a pro so I don't ruin something in the process.
  My dad taught me that "sometimes you are money ahead swallowing your pride and letting a pro do it." 

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 01:00:41 PM »
Mike, I totally agree.  Even though I have successfully disassembled and reassembled both the striker and hammer models in order to put the information in my book, I still had rather pay my gunsmith to do this for me.