Author Topic: 219 barrel screws?????  (Read 4357 times)

savagebrother

219 barrel screws?????
« on: June 05, 2017, 10:35:37 PM »
Are the 2 big screws on the barrel for the savage scope mount????

SB

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: 219 barrel screws?????
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:08:25 PM »
Yes, that is for a side mounted scope base.  A weaver Number 2 side mount base is for the M219.  The base I have in my collection is 48402 Gloss.  I do not have the rings that go with this base.  I hope these pictures will help.  Also, please notice that you have what I believe to be a factory original drilled & tapped for a side mount barrel as the writing is normally on the left side of the barrel.  The writing is on top of barrels that are factory tapped.  These are hard to find.  I hope this helps some.

savagebrother

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 07:59:11 PM »
Thanks yes this helps a bunch, and I didn't know about the difference about where the barrel info was printed.  Yeah i want to get this 22 hornet on paper.
SB

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 09:30:31 PM »
You are most welcome.  Please send pictures of your best grouped target to share with us.  Best wishes, Garnett

savagebrother

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 10:47:14 PM »
Got the weaver base and it does fit the pattern but........ the screws are too small?????
My screw holes look like they are 8/32's not 6's????  I think I have some somewhere.
SB

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 08:28:35 AM »
Please keep us posted.

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 01:36:40 PM »
Got the weaver base and it does fit the pattern but........ the screws are too small?????
My screw holes look like they are 8/32's not 6's????  I think I have some somewhere.
SB
    I ordered this new base from EBay and just got around to trying to install it today.  Just as with you, the 4 screws (only two needed) are too small for the factory drilled holes.  It is the Weaver Type "N" mount.  Number N5. The correct size screw is a 10/32 with a large head.  The holes in the base had to be drilled out to this size.   Also, the base leans very slightly to the left of center and should be slightly bent to the right if used to mount a scope.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:14:25 AM by Garnett »

savagebrother

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 10:09:31 PM »
Thanks guys knew I wasn't losing my mind LOL
But now I got a bigger problem???? I ordered a forearm and the locking assy. From gun parts and the "S" spring that engages the boss on the bottom of the barrel well it wasn't a spring.
It's been hardened so much it just broke like glass. I'll have a pic of it tomorrow, it is completely crystallized
Looks like it's frost coated where it snapped.
Guess I'll call them and let them know tomorrow and get that part from them, but only if they check it for the same problem.
SB

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 06:54:07 AM »
This is something new that I have never heard of.  Numrich or Ebay may have the part also.  Please keep us posted.