Author Topic: Vince from Harrisburg,PA  (Read 5976 times)

Pikie

Vince from Harrisburg,PA
« on: August 29, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
Greeting all from Vince (Pikie) in Harrisburg, PA.

Not only a Newbie to the site, but a Newbie 219 owner. Having a bug for a project, I found a 219 for a nice price. It was in rough shape. Stock cut, pitting removed by what looks like a metal file! Fireing pin bent, and a few internal parts missing. In the past month or so I have learned a lot on the internet. Turns out to be a Utica 219. -219-. Combo 30-30 & 16 gauge. Both barrels have same marks as inside frame: 38BS. Froearm also has same mark. I got a new butt stock from Boyd's. I am re using the forearm that has been refinished at least once. I am steel wooling all metal parts and cold bluing them. The receiver is reblued, mostly bare, and has those file marks. I am making a project out of it and hope to post pictures if I figure out how.

I am planning on using this to hunt with. Just like it was made for. I am also, HOWEVER, becoming addicted and may start buying a collection!

Please let me know what you are selling! I will be following this site and am glad I joined.

Thanks, Garnett. I can't wait till the book arrives. Pikie

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Vince from Harrisburg,PA
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Vince, this sounds like a fun project.  Good luck with it.  I have a Boyd replacement stock on one of my M219s.  I was surprised at how good the fit was.  Thanks for sharing your project with us.  Best wishes, Garnett

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Vince from Harrisburg,PA
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 09:59:44 AM »
One more thing, your combination gun was actually listed by the factroy as a Model 222.  This was not marked on the gun, just on the box that it was packed in.  I have pictures of two such boxes in my book.  These original boxes are hard to find.