Author Topic: Value of a 219?  (Read 3151 times)

Clare44man

Value of a 219?
« on: February 28, 2018, 10:00:10 AM »
I'm sorry I don't have pics yet but I have this "shooter" 219 I may want to sell. I thought this would be a "forever" gun, but I also find that being a full time RVer, storage is at a premium.  So I'm thinking of letting this one go. I had been after a dealer friend of mine to get me a 219 for years. He finally agreed to sell me one of his and this was it.  Regular blued gun with the stock cut to a 13 1/2" LOP. Rubber butt plate, and a cut down 20" 30-30 barrel.  Like I said, just a shooter.  But it will keep my landlords in 1 1/4" at 100 yds.

Sentry44

Re: Value of a 219?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 10:23:54 AM »
Clare44man,

.30-.30 is definitely the most common model 219 that Savage produced.  They are always for sale on GunBroker, so if you go there you'll be able to find the most potential buyers, and see what they go for.  Cutting the barrel on a rifle is usually a recipe for changing the point of aim...but if yours shoots straight and you state so in your listing I imagine someone would jump for the right price.  But it won't be much.  Maybe $100.

BTW, it's a fine gun for an RV if you live in one of "The Free States," so given it isn't worth much you are far better off just keeping it...however little or infrequently you use it.  Broken down (and with a 20" barrel) the darn thing fits just about anywhere.  Plus single shots aren't going to raise the hackles of any law enforcement the way "scary" black guns do.

I live in a "Progressive Utopia/Orwellian Control State," so any firearm in an RV has the potential to get you into serious trouble.   :(

-Sentry44

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Value of a 219?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 12:16:11 PM »
If you do decide to sell, please offer it to our readers first, and state a price to include shipping.  And....pictures would be a great help.