Author Topic: Mid Georgia  (Read 2795 times)

Kzoldman

Mid Georgia
« on: February 16, 2018, 07:20:07 AM »
New old guy from middle Georgia. Had a 219 30-30 that I inherited from my dad when I was young, a few years later it was stolen. Always wanted another one. Grew up hunting with a single shot 22 bolt action. So I learned shot placement very quickly :-) Picked up another 30-30 219 c  a couple years ago. A very nice rifle. I added a scope to the previously installed mount. Recently picked up a very nice 22 Hornet barrel for it. Looks just like the 30-30 attachment at the receiver but does not want to lock up. Taking it to the gunsmith next week. Nice to be on board, hope to learn a lot.

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Mid Georgia
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 08:36:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  Please let us know how the repairs go.  Best wishes, Garnett

Kzoldman

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 01:04:15 PM »
Well...a very sad update. My brother in law is my FFL. The FBI was doing a audit and turns out my gun was stolen in 1999. I have got to take my stuff off it and go turn it in to them. I am just sick, well sick doesn't even come close. I know how it feels to loose one to a thief, so maybe some kid will get his gun back and I just learned a very valuable lesson, always no matter, what have those numbers run before buying. :-(

Kzoldman

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 01:07:57 PM »
Ironic the day I join the board and my first gun was stolen I find out my new gun is stolen. FBI random audit of his store today. Gun was bought at auction, so not his fault. Man I am just sick. 

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »
I am sorry to hear this.  A friend purchased a S&W Model 60 at a show in Slidelle, LA.  35 years later he gave it to his son on the son's 21st birthday.  The son applied for a concealed carry permit at the Sheriff's Office, and the gun was stolen!  How was your gun identified?  Very few of these model 219/220's have serial numbers.