Author Topic: WTS Savage Model 220D .410 shotgun  (Read 2155 times)

Mike Armstrong

WTS Savage Model 220D .410 shotgun
« on: May 20, 2018, 09:39:00 PM »
Want to sell a Model 220D .410, about as good a small game gun as you will find. 

This gun is all original except for a replacement forend that has been refinished (by me) and a replacement buttplate which is very slightly oversized.  Has about 90% of the barrel bluing and the same % of case coloring on the receiver, but the forend iron is faded to gray.  Excellent shiny bore, original full choke, and excellent function (Man, does this thing EJECT!!!).

Stock has some scratches and dents from hunting use, no cracks.  Missing some of the black paint on the alloy trigger guard, like all of them that have seen use.

This the last of the toplever 220s and has the lever that works both right and left.  It is marked

SAVAGE MODEL 220D
                                                                   Savage Arms Corporation
                                                                      Westfield, Mass U.S.A.

on the left side of the reciever.   And

Selected Forged Steel
                                                                   Proof Tested .410 Guage
                                                                      --3 inch chamber--

on the left side of the chamber area of the barrel.

Made in the mid-1960s and has no serial number (pre-1968) so has "Curio and Relic" status.  Shipped with one .410 snap cap to keep you from breaking the firing pin by snapping it on an empty chamber (wish I'd had one for my first 219 many years ago....).

$250 shipped and insured to your C&R license or an 03 FFL dealer in CONUS who will accept firearms from an individual.  I'll need a current, signed copy of your C&R license or your dealer's FFL, plus a Money Order or personal check for payment.  I don't do PayPal.

Can't post pictures here but will try to email you some if you will PM or email me your email address.  My email is mikearmstrong3030@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading!

Mike Armstrong

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: WTS Savage Model 220D .410 shotgun
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 11:36:11 PM »
Mike, thanks for giving our readers a chance to purchase!  Good luck on your sale.