Buy, Sell, and Trade > Buy, Sell, Wanted, and Trade...

Fancy Wood 219/220 Stock & Forearm needed

(1/2) > >>

Garnett:
I just purchased a very elaborately (non factory) engraved M220 in 16 gauge.  It has very plain wood.  I have contracted two companies that ads say they have them.  One replied "NO" and the other has not replied at all.  I suppose that means they don't have them, but at least they should have the courtesy to reply to my inquiry.  I guess I am just old fashioned, but my daddy always taught me to reply to all mail.  Anyway, if you have a fancy wood stock and forearm for sale, please contact me with prepaid shipping and insurance price, along with pictures.   I will post pictures when the new gun arrives.  Best wishes, Garnett

Cleetus:
Cool Garnett,
So you bought that gun. The gentleman did a nice job on the engraving. You might find some good wood on an old Utica 220. The 28 gauge I found has some nice figure that showed up once I refinished it.

Garnett:
Yes, it is mine!  Since I am in PA visiting my daughter, I asked the seller to hold and ship after I return home.  I am anxious to hold it in my hand!  While the engraving is beautiful, the wood seemed really plain.  I agree with you that some of these model guns do have nicer wood than others, but I believe this engraving needs a really fancy piece of wood.  I have had no luck so far in finding a source for semi-inletted stocks, so, I may have to buy a fancy piece of wood and get someone to stock it for me.  I will post pictures when I get the gun.

Cleetus:
Sounds fun. I would go with the Utica style fluted comb and forearm even though it is a 220a. The old Stevens 107 hammer single shots have the same stock and might be a good fit.

Cleetus:
Here is a hint. Check out a pioneer 16 on guns international. Look under 16 gauges. It has the really good old style forearm escutcheon and reasonable wood for less than 100 bucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version