Author Topic: Hello from SW Michigan!  (Read 2647 times)

Clance

Hello from SW Michigan!
« on: October 26, 2018, 12:35:37 PM »
Hi my name is Clarence and I'm a 220holic.   Like all of you, I've found a warm spot in my heart for this little shotgun and wish Savage (or someone) would bring the little gun back.  I just gave both of my son in laws each a 220B in 20ga that was near pristine save a couple dents in the wood, with hopes that they learn to cherish the little gun as I do.

I still have a 220D in 20ga  that I kept for myself with a 3" chamber and a deluxe vented polychoke along with a smaller version that I pickup as a gunsmiths special for when the grandkids come of age. 

I look forward to learning more about this little gun on this forum and contribute as I can.  Thank you very much for the add!

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Hello from SW Michigan!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 03:59:05 PM »
Welcome and thanks for sharing your pictures with us!  These are very nice guns, but I wonder if someone did start remaking them, if the quality would be the same?  Of course there are exceptions....Mirouku (I think that is the correct spelling) is doing a great job with the old Winchesters, and a couple of companies are doing excellent repo's of the old Colts.  The biggest and only change I would like to see if they are ever reproduced, would be double set triggers on the M219 rifles.  My gunsmith/machinist says, in his opinion, the existing internal action cannot be fitted w/DST.  Someone else in this forum was experimenting with DST.