Author Topic: Ithaca Model 49 Saddle Gun Book  (Read 1502 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
Ithaca Model 49 Saddle Gun Book
« on: June 08, 2023, 02:45:41 PM »
I am in the process of writing a new book on the Ithaca Model 49 single shot rifle.  If you have one that is different from the standard model, will you please share your information and pictures with me for use in the new book?  I will acknowledge the information with your name if you give permission to do so.  Thanks for any help.  Best wishes, Garnett

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Ithaca Model 49 Saddle Gun Book
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 04:04:26 PM »
As I mentioned, I am researching for a book on this Ithaca single shot.  I have found two for sale this week saying one had a 20" barrel and the other a 21" barrel.  So far in my research, it appears all factory models had 18" barrels.  Please contact me if you have one with a longer than 18" barrel, and whether or not you think the barrel is original, or a replacement.  Thanks for your help.  Garnett

LHS905

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 12:38:00 PM »
Where is the measuement taken? Mine is 18.25" from the breech face.

LHS

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 02:09:14 PM »
I was using the factory official measurement.  I just put a wood dowel down the barrel of my rifle from the muzzle end.  My actual measurement was 18 and 1/8 inches using a fairly new retractable tape measure.  I then measured with a many years old wooden yard stick, and the measurement was 1/16 of an inch shorter.  So, 18 plus inches.  I wonder if the owners of the 20/21's were just guessing?