Author Topic: Found a new barrel, 94 or 107?  (Read 1918 times)

Woods Wanderer

Found a new barrel, 94 or 107?
« on: May 26, 2019, 06:58:00 AM »
I was looking thru the used barrel  of a local gun shop and came ross two barrels that had to come home with me. One is a Mossberg 500 24" slug barrel with rifle sights, I can use that one.
The other was (I thought) a 30"12 gauge barrel for my 220. After I cleaned it up and tried to fit it to my 220 I found it was VERY DIFFICULT to close the action and when it did close the release lever was to the extreme far right and I was lucky to get it to open up again. I did some research on Numrich and it appears to be for a Savage 94 or 107. The mounting areas are similar but there is enough difference that it is just not going to work for me on my 220 and I don/t have a 94 or 107. So, now I have to either find a 94 or 107 shotgun for sale, which I don't really need, or maybe find someone who can use this barrel as it is. Any suggestions?

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Found a new barrel, 94 or 107?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 09:06:42 AM »
I caution people in my book to be very careful buying barrels for the 219/220, because even though the barrel may be made for these two models, it may drop right in, or have to be fitted before it can be used.  As an example, I purchased a .22 Hornet barrel that had been rechambered to .219 Zipper.  I tried it on 5 of my actions before I found one it would perfectly fit.  On some it would not shut at all, on others it would shut but be loose, or have head space.  Why don't you put a price on it, take close up pictures of the lug area, and list in the "For Sale" section on this forum?  If that doesn't work, list it on Ebay or Gunbroker.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 08:15:37 AM by Garnett »