Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 220 Single Shot Hammerless Shotguns

220 Slug Barrel on EBay

<< < (2/3) > >>

Garnett:
Thanks for your input on this barrel.  I tried to buy from Numrich sometime ago and they were "out of stock".  I later found one on Ebay at a higher price.  After I purchased mine, someone else contacted me about one he had purchased.  The were identical except for the placement of the rear sight.  All of these barrels that I have seen had no provision for cocking the hammer on the B, C, & D, Suffix actions.   How did you find your barrel at Numrich?  I just tried to find a listing and could not find a 20" slug barrel for the 220 action listed.

Auto-5:
I simply looked at the available parts for 219/220. Here is how.

On the Numrich website went to list on manufacturers.

Clicked on Savage Stevens Fox took me to parts page with schematic and list.

Arranged list to put available parts at the top. It’s on page 4 and still available.

Product # 811890A   $116.25

I was scrolling through just to familiarize myself with what’s available and low and behold there it was!
I post a photo when it it arrives.

Garnett:
I'll try again!  Glad you got the problem with posting cleared up.

Auto-5:
Here is the barrel. A few light scratches but obviously new, with a matte dark blue finish.

One screw holds the front sight and it is too long and needs to be shortened before it is shot

The top edge of the rear sight appears very slightly cocked out of level. Not sure if it’s the sight
or the machining of the notch in the barrel.  Or just my old eyes.

Overall I’m pleased.

Garnett:
Here is a picture of my barrel.  The dove tail for the rear sight is 2.5 inches from the rear of the barrel.  Because of the "Rainbow" trajectory of a slug, I have installed a Winchester "Ladder" type rear sight on my barrel.  The "20" is the only mark on the barrel.  This is also only one screw in the front ramp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version