Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

Ful length mannlicher stock 219

(1/3) > >>

Jkrock:
Good morning,

I was just in my local shop and they had a savage 219 in 22 hornet, and they reduced the price while I was there to $99. It was a consignment gun originally marked at $399, and the guy wanted it gone!    It's in fair shape, but the one thing it had that I haven't seen before is a full length mannlicher fore end.  Both the foreend and the butt stock are checkered as well.   

For that price, I grabbed it.

Does anyone know if  these mannlicher style  fore ends were factory, or was this an aftermarket customization?

Thanks,

Jim 

Garnett:
Jim, I have one in my collection.  Mine is not a factory done stock, but a full custom by an unknown person.  Can you send some pictures of your gun so I can compare to mine?  I cannot post a picture of mine right now as I am leaving in a few days on a trip and my collection is in a safe storage.  Thanks for sharing.  Also, does your rifle have a serial number?  It would be on the lower left rear of the frame.  If it does have a serial number you can get a factory letter from Savage for $35.  Best wishes, Garnett

Jkrock:
Thanks Garnett.

I'll try to take some pictures and post them tomorrow.  It does have a serial number (at least the shop put one on the sale paperwork)  .  Thanks for the info about sending a letter to Savage

Garnett:
Jim, most of the early rifles did not have serial numbers.  They were made before and during WWII at Utica.  I only have 4 rifles with serial numbers.  I look forward to your pictures.

Jkrock:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version