Author Topic: Hi new to the forum  (Read 4849 times)

1tothe6

Hi new to the forum
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »
Hello, my name is mike and I live in the mountains in Colorado and hunt small game almost exclusively with a savage 220 hammerless 20 gauge.  I love the 220 for its light weight when I hike more than I actually shoot, although this year has been exceptionally good for grouse and cotton tails and I have been getting a fair amount of shooting in. My 220 is a Utica, has the alloy trigger guard, and has a scene of ducks flying  on the bottom of the receiver. Barrel is flanged and takes the standard 2 3/4" shell. Got it off gun broker on the cheap because it was is pretty bad shape but have fixed most the issues. I've got a few questions about the gun that I was wondering if anyone else had more information on so maybe I'll start a new thread. Very pumped that there is forum on savage single shots!!

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Hi new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 11:16:30 PM »
Mike, I will try to answer any questions you have.  If I can't answer, maybe someone else on this forum can.  Please look at the other subjects on this forum.  I have written a book on the M219 & M220 Savage Hammerless single shots.  Some information on the book is also listed on this forum.  Best wishes, and thanks for your post.  Garnett