Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

Cast Bullet Accuracy Potential, 219 Savage

(1/3) > >>

Exchipy:
Took this fellow out to try some RCBS 30-150-FNGC bullets from Montana Bullet Works, using my standard charge of SR 4759, with these 100 yard results:

How does this performance compare with others’ results shooting cast bullets from a 219?

Garnett:
I have not reloaded for many years but I have long felt that the use of jacketed spire point bullets would be more accurate than the original round nose, soft point bullets made to shoot in the early rifles with magazine tubes.  I have a .30-30, .25-20, and .22 Hornet, and hope to try these jacketed bullets in all of them at some point in time.

jrbauerjr:
Not only a beautiful rifle to look at , but it shoots beautifully too.... I'm envious....

Jim

Exchipy:
Just keeps getting better:

MikeLeong:
That is a great result. You mentioned your powder was SR 4759, but that powder has not been made for years? We cannot get in Canada unless one pays crazy prices for the odd old can that shows up on auction sites.

I can get one inch groups with Leverevolution and Hornady FTX bullets. My friend casts bullets, so I will try some loads if he has some 30 cal stuff I can borrow to try with Leverevolution to see if I can get something close to what you did!

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version