Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

219 scope mount

<< < (2/3) > >>

sghart3578:
Garnett,

Thank you so much, you are a great help!

Steve

Garnett:
You are most welcome!

Sentry44:
Gents...on the Weaver side mount.  One of the chief complaints people have had over the years is that that mount does not center the scope directly over the barrels.  But I am aware of two aftermarket companies that make side mounts for the exact same hole spacing as Weaver for several other Savages...but they center the scope!  So you might look into them if they match yours.

One is by Sun Optics, and the other is by B Square.

The Sun Optics mount has integral bottom rings, but the B Square accepts Piccatinny style rings.

Again, Im not certain they make a mount for a 219...but I know they make them for several other old Savage guns, and they market them as an improvement on Weaver's side mount.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Garnett:
Chris, thanks for your input.  I "Googled" both names you mention and as best I can see, neither one has a side mount base for the 219 Savage.  I could be over looking something. 

Sentry44:
Ok, so sorry for the confusion.  I should have explained my thoughts better.  Because of the age of our guns, it's likely that only Weaver makes a proper mount.  BUT...the kicker is...Weaver made these mounts in two pieces...the bottom mount which attaches to the gun, and then the top mount which attaches to that.  Sort of the way the old Lyman Tru-Lock bases and rings worked, if you're familiar with those.  The mounts were gun-specific...the rings were all the same.

So if you check the hole spacing for the Weaver #2 base...available here for Savage 219 (among many others)...https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/rifle-bases/side-mount-bases-prod41913.aspx?avs%7cMake~~Model_1=Savage%2bArms__219

...then find out if the Sun Optics or B Square top mount will mate to it.  You want to note all the other guns that the #2 base fits to, so you can cross reference any of them.  (Brownells lists them all.)

Otherwise, just settle on both Weaver top and bottom.  Again, I stress that Im suggesting one looks at whether Weaver's top mount connecting hole align with those newer makes...I'm not SAYING they do.

Just suggesting it might be worth a look.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version