Author Topic: SALE SUSPENDED UNTIL EARLY NOVEMBER. Savage Model 222 Utility Gun  (Read 3511 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
 SALE SUSPENDED.  WILL BE RELISTED IN MID NOVEMBER.  Thanks for looking.  While this is a basic First Model Utica rifle with a shotgun barrel, the official factory number is Model 222.  This is a rifle with a 26" .30-30 caliber barrel with forearm and a 28" 16 gauge shotgun barrel with forearm.  All numbers (333) match.  I think it is in very good condition for a pre-war set.  Both bores are bright.  the set has the normal nicks and scratches you would expect to find for a gun that has been used.  The worse scratch on the wood is at the front of the shotgun forearm.  The worse blemish on the metal is on the right side of the frame.  This is an all blue gun with the early flanged rifle barrel.  Someone added a sling swivel to the stock so I added barrel swivels on both barrels.  Someone also put varnish on the stock and I believe refinished both forearms with an oil finish, but not sure, they could be original.  There is a very small hair line crack on the bottom right of the stock where it meets the frame, which is usual for these models.  I would suggest glass bedding the action before shooting.  I have test fired with the rifle barrel and it ejects perfectly.  I purchased this set for research for my book, and as I have 3 of these sets, I no longer need this one.  I have it listed at auction on Gun Broker No. 879 711 925 with an opening bid of $550 and free (3 day via UPS) shipping.  No sale to California.  Payment via USPS Money Order.  NO RETURN.  I will need a FFL or C&R.  If your FFL will not accept my C&R, then add $50 as I have to pay a local FFL that fee to ship for me.  Note that the front sight blade is made without a gold bead.  All parts are steel, no alloy thumb safety or trigger guard.  This set has all the early features.  I am listing the pictures here as Gun Broker had a limit of 14 pictures.  I will be happy to answer all questions.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 05:21:34 PM by Garnett »

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: SALE SUSPENDED UNTIL EARLY NOVEMBER. Savage Model 222 Utility Gun
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 08:36:34 PM »
I sold this gun today at an area gun show.  Only 4 people who looked at it, knew what it was!

Winter Hawk

I've been off this site for too long; I would have loved to get in on this set!  I have an H&R with .30-30, 20 ga. and .38-55 barrels but lust for a Savage single shot....