Author Topic: Savage/Stevens Model 94 .410 gauge With Rifled Bore!  (Read 3224 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
Savage/Stevens Model 94 .410 gauge With Rifled Bore!
« on: June 06, 2021, 12:07:40 PM »
At church this morning I met a man who says his dad bought this gun new from Western Auto and gave it to him when he was 12 years old.  It has a rifled bore, and a serial number.  I am going to try to get more info and pictures.  Does anyone else have one?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 01:48:28 PM by Garnett »

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Savage/Stevens Model 94 .410 gauge With Rifled Bore!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 01:48:05 PM »
I talked with the owner again this morning at church.  He does not have the gun in his possession.  His grandson, in North Carolina, has the gun and will keep it.  So, no chance of getting pictures.

tomcorr666

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 10:00:23 PM »
Yes I have one it has a tenanite stock. But the current stock is cracked at the wrist. I’ve been half heartedly searching for a new one. I found one a few years ago but the guy wanted $159 for a stock and forearm, I passed because I know one will turn up at a decent price.

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 11:09:27 PM »
Tom, the Tenite stocks are frequently listed on Ebay at reasonable prices.  Will you show us pictures of the barrel markings outside and under the chamber of the rifled .410?  Do you shoot slugs in it?

tomcorr666

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 12:26:05 AM »
Not to be difficult but I have yet to find anything on EBay as reasonably priced.. I have been looking for years and will not pay more than the gun is worth for just the furniture.
Almost everything I see is $125:plus shipping at the end of the day I’m paying what the gun is worth for just parts.

Call me cynical but I buy and collect these things as investments if I can profit at $100 or more for some thing in a few months so be it. If I can profit $200 later on or even more then so be it.

I used to buy Mosin Nagants at $55 to $75 now you can’t find one for less than $399, not to mention the SKS rifles I used to buy at $65 each and the ammo used to be $75 per 1000 rounds
Try buying an SKS now $500 easy. Not to mention the ammo.

I buy guns to not only preserve them but to use them to hedge my retirement.
My son has no interest in what I have he only sees dollar signs.
So baring an early death he gets nothing other than a few empty cases of odd reloads I didn’t finish.

One last thing.

I’m finding this verification thing for every posting very tiresome.
I signed up and am supposedly vetted as a member of the forum.
Does it go away or is it some thing you have to deal with every posting.
If so that’s fine it’s your forum, but I don’t feel as if I’m going to keep coming back and posting as I find it very annoying.

Just how I feel and maybe why there isn’t a lot more activity on this site.
It’s a great site but I’m not going to answer questions every posting.

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 10:16:16 AM »
Tom, please look at Ebay 114937540800.  I realize it can go higher than what it is now.  Best wishes, Garnett