Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 1267 times)

TXTROUT66

New to forum
« on: April 10, 2022, 07:52:18 AM »
Hello y'all,

Been lurking for a bit, decided to join. I've always had a soft spot for single shot rifles and shotguns.  Some of my favorites are the old world stalking rifles. While they cost more than I want to spend, love the look of them. Which brings me to the Savage 219. I currently have a first Era 219 with 22 Hornet and 30-30 barrel. The 22 Hornet has a side mount G4 Weaver scope.  The 219 also has a nice crisp 3.5 lb trigger. I've never taken it apart to clean it, so well see if it goes down after I clean it. I also have a 220 in 16 gauge.

Both are usable, but have had a hard life and I'm in the process of cleaning and refurbishing/rebuilding them. Since they are both rough, I'm not concerned about ruining any collectors value. I plan to renew the case hardening on the 219, polish out the surface rust and perhaps try rust blueing the barrels and see if I can mill a new trigger guard to replace the original cast metal one. I'll also try to see if I can stabilize the cracked stocks and make them look better. Long term will most likely replace the stock on the 219 and use that stock on the 220.

I guess you can rely I like to tinker with projects.

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 08:59:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing with us your projects.  The early steel curved trigger guards are sometimes offered on Ebay.  I have purchased several and have installed them on some of my 219/220's that had either missing or damaged alloy guards.  Good luck with your project!

TXTROUT66

Re: New to forum
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 08:53:25 PM »
I'm guessing the 219/220 thing will get as out of hand as my H&R thing is...