Savage Single Shot Firearms > Hi! My Name is...

Glad I found this forum.

(1/3) > >>

50fps:
I'm new to this forum and happy to join the single shot crowd. Recently I picked up a 219 chambered in 30-30 from an online auction to add to my single shot collection. I now have a Ruger #1 in 7mm mag, TC 87 in .270, a TC Encore w/ three different barrels and the Savage 219 which is going to be a project. After picking up the 219, I found out that the barrel lug where it wraps around the receiver hinge pin is broken along with missing the ejector hook. I see that a good majority of parts are still available at Numrich, but the search begins for a barrel to replace this one.

Mike Armstrong:
As a last resort if you can't find a barrel that suits you, you might consult with a TIG welder who has worked on firearms to repair the crack (if it's not too catastrophic).  And WELCOME to the forum; I like your single shot arsenal a lot!

Mike Armstrong

Garnett:
Welcome to the forum!  I must ask.....Did the seller advise you of the broken barrel lug?  Good luck on your search.  A different barrel may have to be fitted to your receiver as it may not just "drop in". 

50fps:
No they didn't, it was through an auction on HiBid. Unfortunately there is no recourse as they have a disclaimer. I should have broke it down prior to taking ownership.

Garnett:
Please keep us posted on your progress on the rebuild.  Have you identified the exact model 219 that you have?  There were 4 distinct models of this rifle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version