Savage Single Shot Firearms > Hi! My Name is...

Glad I found this forum.

<< < (2/3) > >>

50fps:
It is a striker fire and there is no serial numbers that I can see. I did break the receiver down completely to clean and check for any other damage. Receiver was quite pitted, so I took some clear coat polish and buffer to it. I will have it refinished, also have a stock coming from Almans that I ordered prior to finding the barrel issue, so I am now commited to getting it done. 

Garnett:
Due to the metal content in the receiver, it will most likely turn a shade of red if you have it reblued by a "hot blue" process.  As best I have been able to determine, the original early models were "rust" blued.  If yours is a post war model made at Chicopee Falls, it may have had a color case hardened receiver. 

50fps:
It didn't take much to make it look like polished stainless, still plan on doing a durable black coating though. It only has the single pin on the receiver if that helps at all.

Garnett:
What address is on the barrel?

50fps:
Chicopee falls.

I also found some markings on the inside of receiver. XY chevy emblem looking mark and something else I cannot figure out and on the outside lefthand side of receiver there is a christmas tree looking stamp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version