Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

Barrel band swivel

(1/4) > >>

Sentry44:
Please share your preferences as to barrel band for 219 .30-30.  also, if you know it, the number would be helpful.

I've used Uncle Mikes for other model guns and they're "ok," just wondering if there are better options.

Thx,

- Sentry44

Garnett:
I have two different kinds, actually 3 that I have used.  i am away from home.  I will check my records early next week and let you know   I know i bought some from Brownells.

Garnett:
I have used the flat band, and the band with a curved edge, and of course the split half bands.  I will try to take pictures soon.  I have not retrieved my guns from "safe" storage since I returned home.  I actually prefer the full band with the curved edges.  All work well on the guns I have put them on, and they look good.  I will try to send pictures soon.

Mike Armstrong:
My "new" .30-30 has the split ring barrel band.  Seems to have been on the gun a long time and to be very secure.  I suspect that this is an aftermarket addition.  The rifle came from Nevada, where a sling is just about essential due to the steep and rough hunting terrain--often you need both hands to "hang onto the mountain."  Even many shotguns up there have slings for chukar and blue grouse hunting.

Garnett:
I have used "Uncle Mike's" but like some others also.  www.brownells.com shows some of the barrel band swivels I have used, but I can't find some of the others.  Maybe they are discontinued or I just don't know how to properly enter my search.  Anyway, Catalog #65, 2012/13 on page 233 lists two that I have used and like.  The "Gentry" is blued and ready to install.  The "Tally" is in the white and is not contured, but flat with sharp edges.  I really enjoyed bluing it.  I used a cold blue that works well for me.  On page 235 is a split barrel band by "Magnum".  I have used a similar band with no problem.  I do not have the shipping slips so I don't know what the part numbers are.  I usually put the barrel swivel about 3 inches in front of the forearm tip.  Page 89 of my book has pictures of all 4 styles I have used.  I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version