Author Topic: Early style poly choke 12 gauge  (Read 4517 times)

Sentry44

Early style poly choke 12 gauge
« on: August 29, 2015, 05:17:24 PM »
Hello Garnett,

I haven't been by the site in a while...my guess is because it isn't hunting season, so my guns have been neglected.  Anyhoo, my radar has been casually up for a 12 gauge barrel for my early 219 ("-219-" type), and the other day I bought one on Gun broker after seeing it had one the early type poly chokes on it.

It's a 12 gauge 28 ", and I still haven't received it yet.

Any tips for using this thing?

- Sentry44

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Early style poly choke 12 gauge
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 08:44:12 PM »
I have two with "Poly Choke Co." chokes that were made at Utica and one Chicopee Falls gun with the "Savage Arms" choke.  Looking at the muzzle, if you rotate clock wise, if set on "Cylinder", you will get tigher until you reach "Full".  You can feel a positive click when each position is reached.  As well as I can determine, these guns that were originally sold with a choke device, had recoil pads and a 14.25 inch length of pull.  One of mine is all original, one has a replacement pad, and one has had the pad removed.  The original recoil pads appear to be inexpensive ones and have not held up well. 
 As I understand it, you have purchased a barrel only.  Please let me know if you have any problem fitting it.  I have only put different barrels on two actions and they fit fine.  Also, please let me know which company actually made the choke on your barrel, and if you have time, a picture if it is different from the two pictured in my book.  Also, where was the barrel made?  Good to hear from you.  Best wishes and good hunting!  Garnett

Sentry44

Re: Early style poly choke 12 gauge
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 11:04:17 PM »
I'll report back as to your questions when I receive it.

I'm sure I'll have some of my own...

- Sentry44