Author Topic: Loading Dies for 2R Lovell-----  (Read 4533 times)

SniperW

Loading Dies for 2R Lovell-----
« on: February 13, 2016, 09:34:59 PM »
Would like to purchase a set of loading dies and a shell holder for the 2R Lovell wildcat. This was a very popular wildcat before the .222 Remington came along, so there should be a few sets out there somewhere------I'll pay any reasonable price------------SniperW

Mike Armstrong

Re: Loading Dies for 2R Lovell-----
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:58:28 AM »
Sniper, if this forum doesn't come up with dies, you might ask on the "Single Shot and Custom Rifle" subforum on www.doublegunshop.com/BBS-there's a lot of older guys interested in older single shots on there, and one of them might be retiring his handloading operation or have a spare.
If I remember correctly, it's the fifth forum on their list and I may have the title slightly wrong.  You may have to register (free) to post, but it's an interesting forum if you like vintage single shots.  And very civil, so far.

Where do you find cases for the 2R?  That's usually the tricky part.

Mike Armstrong

SniperW

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 04:35:01 PM »
Hey, Feller,
     I found new 25-20 singleshot brass at Jameson's (sic.) new stuff for about $1.00 a round----reasonable, I thought----and this is much better brass than the Aussy stuff----quite a bit thicker, so ya might need to watch your top loads for early pressure signs----this is truly beautiful brass.
     A tradin' buddy of mine named Dave Davison owns and operates CH4D Tool in Ohio----This is the old C-H Reloading Dies and Presses from a few years ago, and Dave still handles all the old die sets they always did. I called him up and told him about my quandary on dies, and two days later I had in my hands a new set of 2R Lovell dies. He has about all this old stuff in his big ol' warehouse over there. Dave's a heck of a guy, and you need to have an hour or so of "BS" time to talk about guns, old Jaguar cars, and the general state of the world, when you call. Dave's a helpful guy, all round. The die set cost me about 1/2 what RCBS wanted along with a 2-to-6-Month wait!!!

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 05:14:56 PM »
Sniper, Thanks for this information!  I am sure it will be use to others in search of hard to find items.  Garnett