Savage Single Shot Firearms > Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles

NEED GUNSMITH!!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

65Jeffrey:
appreciate the info and the history on this rifle but original question still stands....
Anyone know a gunsmith familiar with these rifles?

Garnett:
Google:  HK Custom Guns, Valley Grande, AL
You can look at his web site and see what he (Harvey King) offers.

While he has never repaired any of my Model 219/220 Savages, he is a good friend and has done other gun work for me.  The best way to contact him is via phone.

65Jeffrey:
perfect...THANK YOU
would still love to hear any advice you have on propper firing pin/mainspring assembly i should buy

Garnett:
As I mentioned earlier, the failure to cock could be caused by either wear on the striker notch or the tip of the sear, or both.  Or something else completely different. No way to tell without examining the actual gun.  Your other problem, hard to open, most likely will not require parts, but actually removing part of the metal on the barrel lug where it engages the locking piece inside the action.  I have had this problem and had it repaired by a machinist friend.  You have to be very careful because if you remove to much, the barrel will be loose in the action.  Hopefully, Harvey can help you with both problems if you decide to contact him.

Something else to remember, while Savage sold parts to anyone, they advised that all parts were not interchangeable, but must be hand fitted, even though it was the same part for a particular action.  I found that out trying to replace an ejector. 

Exchipy:
This thread has started me to wondering if anyone makes replacement rifle barrels for Savage 219s. Doesn’t seem like it would be particularly difficult for a reasonably skilled machinist with a lathe, a mill, welding equipment and some enthusiasm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version