Author Topic: 219/220FS alert  (Read 3211 times)

Mike Armstrong

219/220FS alert
« on: August 03, 2016, 10:52:41 AM »
Just FYI, there's a 219 in .22 Hornet (case-colored and scope grooved) with a small scope and 20 guage 220 barrel (mod choke) for sale on GunsAmerica.  Seller is in WA state and the item number on www.gunsamerica.com is #985000094.  Price is $350 for the set, plus $50 shipping.

I don't know this seller, although he has completed several hundred transactions on GunsAmerica, but I thought somebody here might be interested.  If you put the item number into the "search box" at the top of the GA screen, it will take you to this item.

Mike Armstrong

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: 219/220FS alert
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
I am a "day late and a dollar short" with this reply.  I feel I must caution against paying a premium price for a gun just because it has two barrels and represented as an original "Utility" gun.  These sets had two barrels with a fitted forearm for each barrel and the assembly numbers on both barrels should match the receiver and stock (under butt plate) numbers.  If the numbers don't match, that is a good indication that a barrel has just been added at some point in time.  If there is only one forearm and the numbers match, then one forearm could have been lost over the years.