Author Topic: FS Alert: 219B in .22 Hornet on Ruger Forum  (Read 4805 times)

Mike Armstrong

FS Alert: 219B in .22 Hornet on Ruger Forum
« on: August 04, 2016, 10:08:25 AM »
Again just FYI there is a 219B in .22 Hornet for sale on the "Classifieds" section (last section) of the website www.rugerforum.com.  Looks in great shape, comes with a vintage case and 5 boxes of vintage .22 Hornet shells for $425 SHIPPED.  Won't last long at that price, I think.  Seller is in Alaska, has posted on Ruger Forum quite a bit, and has other vintage guns for sale there.  Don't know him but have exchanged PMs over the years.

Mike Armstrong

Qiugiyaz

Re: FS Alert: 219B in .22 Hornet on Ruger Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 12:22:01 AM »
The most important thing I want to know is what.

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 07:50:47 AM »
I do not understand what you want to know.

Sentry44

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 10:18:18 PM »
Im just have all the barrels for the early 219, and I dont want to own a different generation that ONLY shoots the Hornet.

Othwrwise, thats a great price.

Im STILL looking for an early (flanged) 22 Hornet barrel with brooved receiver.

Sentry

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 09:44:52 AM »
Sentry, The grooved for scope barrels started with the "B" models and the flanges were dropped from production at that time.  So....I don't think you will find a barrel like you want.  Can you supply a picture of the action you have?  It will help in identifying what barrels can be used on your action.  I am still not sure exactly what you want to know, but I will be glad to help in any way I can.  Best wishes, Garnett

Sentry44

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 12:23:29 PM »
Garnett,

YOU would know, so domt take this as questioning...but i feel like i have seen early ones with scope grooves.

Maybe im nuts...

I have the earliest (according to your book) action, with the -219- on the side.  I really would like to stay all Utica.
  In the last 6 months i saw 2 of them sell on eBay and i hesitated because of the prices.

Next good one i see I am paying whatever is necessary!

Sentry

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 12:35:51 PM »
Sentry, Yes, my statement about the grooved barrel is based on guns in my collection and others on the internet for sale.  I have several guns with options that are not mentioned in any catalog, so it is entirely possible you have seen such a barrel.  I was out bid on a 12 gauge with a 3" chamber.  These certainly are not listed in any catalogs I have seen.   Also....someone could have fitted a grooved barrel (made for "B" and later actions) on a Utica action.   Pictures of your action and the barrel (removed from the action) at the lug location would really help.  Best wishes, Garnett
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:37:38 PM by Garnett »

Sentry44

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 09:46:46 PM »
Garnett,

I dont have pics handy, but i can tell you my barrels dont have the extra little 'nub' i see on 219 B and C's.

Unfortunately eBay auction history only seems.to sjow you the last 60 days when you search by completed auctions, so I cant show you the two that I saw.

In any event, i just want a flanged Utica type, even if it cant grooved.  I'll bite down and have it D&T'd.

Sentry

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 10:37:04 PM »
Good luck on your hunt!