Author Topic: M219 Trigger pull  (Read 3019 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
M219 Trigger pull
« on: August 25, 2016, 01:31:31 PM »
All 219 owners know that this rifle was never designed for target shooting and the trigger pull is not as good as we would like it to be.  What to do?  My first thought, the quickest and easiest, least expensive way is to install a trigger shoe.  I know this helps my .45 auto M1911 style pistol.  Will it help the 219?  The triggers and sears on all M219's I have examined, whether striker fired or with a hammer, are cheap stamped metal parts.  I have read for years to improve any trigger pull you need to polish the contact points on both the trigger and sear.  On the 219 with strikers you would also need to polish the contact point on the striker.    Well, that sounds simple enough, doesn't it.  But....if you don't know what you are doing, you wind up either with an action that won't cock, or the slightest jar will cause the gun to shoot.  I would like to hear from anyone who has either improved the trigger pull themselves, or had it done by a gunsmith.  Please share your experience with us.