Author Topic: Hey!!! From central Ohio  (Read 2962 times)

savagebrother

Hey!!! From central Ohio
« on: September 15, 2016, 08:34:32 PM »
Hey everybody, hope everyone's summer has been going well. Just picked up my first savage 219B
30-30, and then found a 22 hornet barrel. I own
quite a few savage rifles and I shoot them all. Looking forward to yakking with you guys and gals about there slick single shot rifle/shotgun.
SB

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Hey!!! From central Ohio
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:48:36 PM »
SB, Welcome and thanks for joining in.  I hope you have found some useful information on this site and will share information with us about your Savage 219/220 models.  For years there have been rumors of a Savage Model 220 in 9 MM Rim Fire caliber.  Within the last year or so, I have purchased one and talked with two others who have them, and....there is currently a barrel for sale on Ebay.  All four barrels appear to be the same except for the placement of the rear sight slot.  All four have been converted to .357 Magnum.  So far, in 10 years of research of the Savage 219/220, I have not found a complete M220 in the original 9 MM RF that has not been converted.  When you have time, please share with us details about fitting your Hornet barrel to your .30-30.  Best wishes, Garnett