Author Topic: 219 forend sloppy  (Read 3357 times)

olafhardtB

219 forend sloppy
« on: January 17, 2017, 06:04:06 PM »
I have a new to me early model 219 with a sloppy forend that will fall off. The steel bracket has a little tab that sticks out the back and the gun does not eject or extract. Anybody got any suggestions before I turn bubba loose on it?

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: 219 forend sloppy
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 09:07:43 PM »
I have limited experience in repairs to these guns.  I have excellent gun smiths in town that make repairs for me.  However, it sounds like you have two different problems.  First, the forearm is so loose, it falls off.  Second, the fired cartridges won't eject or retract.  The first problem could be that this forearm did not come with this rifle and was put on either poorly fitted or not fitted at all.  Of course the parts that keep tension on everything to make the forearm stay in place could be badly worn or broken.  Please take off your barrel and examine the parts inside the barrel lug.  The extractor/ejector mechanism on the 219/220 models have 6 parts.  This is for the striker fired actions.  The hammer fired later models have 9 parts.  The extra 3 parts are for the cocking plunger, spring, & screw.  These 3 parts have nothing to do with extraction/ejection.  If one or more of the first 6 parts in either style action are missing, it will effect the extraction/ejection.  I have 2 guns that are missing these parts for what I believe is a previous owner not wanting the empty shells to be automatically ejected, but removed by hand, for later reloading.  I hope this will help some.