Author Topic: Martial Marked Model 220  (Read 2668 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
Martial Marked Model 220
« on: February 28, 2017, 09:34:48 PM »
My son, Trey, and I attended a 2000 table military show in Louisville, KY last week.  Wednesday to Saturday.  It was fantastic!  I found a 12 gauge, 30 inch barrel, Utica M220 with the "US" and Ordnance bomb.  It is just like my other one, but no "Poly Choke" on it.  Someone had replaced the trigger guard with a non-Savage guard, and the stock had a replacement butt plate that is too small.  It also had the usual crack where the stock meets the action.  I have repaired that and will have another picture when the trigger guard is installed.  I have a factory original guard and an after market replacement butt plate to put on it.  All the assembly numbers match.

Here are two pictures after installing the correct alloy trigger guard.  Also, I forgot to mention in the first post the the bottom of the receiver is "acid etched" with the standard game scene for these Savage single shots.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:23:06 PM by Garnett »

Mike Armstrong

Re: Martial Marked Model 220
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 10:09:27 PM »
Nice to imagine that the guys who trained on your "new" gun might have downed FW-190s over Germany or knocked down a kamikaze before it could kill their shipmates!