Author Topic: Is this a 220 barrel?  (Read 2645 times)

Mike Armstrong

Is this a 220 barrel?
« on: June 13, 2017, 09:56:52 AM »
I was offered a .410 barrel to fit to a 219 that I'm trying to resurrect.  It's 26" apparently full choke but has no Savage markings, only

Selected Forged Steel
                                                                                 Proof Tested .410 Guage
                                                                                    -- 3 Inch Chamber--

on the barrel side near the chamber.  It also has a "WM" on the underside of the barrel near the chamber and an "SP" in an oval on the barrel lug.
No factory of manufacture nor Savage name.  The guy selling this knows his 219s and 220s and says it fitted on an action he has, and locked up.

Is this perhaps a Stevens 94 barrel?  I've never seen a 219 or 220 barrel without at least the Savage name,  model number, and factory of manufacture.  Has anybody else?  I'll try to get more details once I receive the gun that I may try to fit this on.   The seller, like me, has trouble posting pics....

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Is this a 220 barrel?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 04:33:39 PM »
Mike, I looked at my .410 M220 and the barrel is only marked on the left side, just like the one you describe.  The "SP" in an oval, is for Savage Proofed.  Does a forearm come   with it?  Please let us know if you have a problem fitting the barrel to your action. 

jaegerjp

Re: Is this a 220 barrel?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 09:25:01 PM »
I have two .410 barrels - one is off a 220B, and the other from a 220A.  Neither one have the name Savage on the barrel.  Both have this mark on the side:

Selected Forged Steel
                                                                                 Proof Tested .410 Guage
                                                                                    -- 3 Inch Chamber--