Author Topic: I just picked up a Savage Mod. 219 with a 22 Hornet barrel reamed to 22-30-30 !  (Read 4225 times)

jcdflint

Has anyone ever loaded for a Savage 219 B rechambered to 22-30-30 ?   Just got one .. Any info would be great   Thanks Jeff :)

Garnett

• Administrator
Jeff, I have never heard of a .22-30-30.  Is that the barrel marking?  I assume it was originally a .22 Hornet?  I have a Hornet barrel re-chambered to .219 Zipper which is a .30-30 case necked down to .22 caliber.  Maybe some of the other readers can help you.  You also might Google .22-30-30 to see what pops up.  Please share your info with us and please send a picture of the barrel markings.  Good luck on your hunt for loading data.  Garnett

I just googled .22-30-30 and P.O. Ackly had an Improved version with a 40 degree shoulder.  It is NOT the same as the .219 Zipper.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:12:56 PM by Garnett »

jcdflint

Hi Garnett.. Yes its a 22 hornet converted too 22-30-30 AI. I got some formed brass with it too. I think I can get RCBS dies.  I found loads too. Should be one fast "22" ... Fun too :)

jcdflint

How do I insert image ?

jcdflint

I might part with it if someone's interested ...message I can send images :)

Garnett

• Administrator
How do I insert image ?

Jeff, look just below this box to "Add image to post", click on that and follow directions. Also, i
I will send a PM.