Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2418 times)

hoke

Hello
« on: July 21, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »
Hello, I am new to the Savage 219/220s but have been looking for a while.  I am considering my first purchase and thought I would check in with some folks that knew them well.  I appreciate the character of these firearms and would use them as field guns.  I dont think I'll end up collecting all the calibers/gauges; but there are a few that I could put to use.  Thanks for all the information yall have already shared, its nice to hear from folks that appreciate some of the simpler things.

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:39:40 PM »
Hoke, Welcome to this forum!  I hope you will find something of interest to you and will share your thoughts about these two model guns with us.  Do you already have one of them, or just planning on buying one?  While all of them are far superior to most low cost single shots of today, the early guns are a little nicer finished that the later guns.  There are the First & Second Model Utica guns and the the A, B, C, & D suffix models.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  Best wishes, Garnett