Author Topic: I Have Done It Again!  (Read 2762 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
I Have Done It Again!
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:27:24 PM »
Yesterday, I received a Second Model Utica M220.  It is equipped with a factory installed "Poly Choke", and recoil pad.  I purchased this gun because of the checkered standard style stock and forearm.  It also has the game scene etched on the bottom of the receiver.  A beautiful gun with just a few nicks on the wood and alloy trigger guard.  I began to suspect the checkering was not factory original after noticing some very small "over runs" on the checkering.  I have never seen a factory checkered gun with this defect.  Upon looking at the top of the stock behind the safety, a small checkered diamond pattern, about one inch long, is neatly in place.  Again, with lots of over runs.  While over all, it is a beautiful gun, I do not believe it is factory checkering.  The assembly letters match, and they are a little different from normal.  The main letters G,A,G, have the A and second G, in a circle.  I have never seen this before.  There are no numbers/letters inside the forearm.  So, without asking for more pictures and asking questions,  I have a beautiful, but non original gun.  Will I ever learn????  Finally, today, I was able to add picture of the checkering.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:04:21 PM by Garnett »

Chad4372

Re: I Have Done It Again!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:05:43 PM »
Sounds like a great score!

Chad

Mike Armstrong

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »
Which guage and bbl. length is it Garnett?

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 08:12:18 PM »
It is 12 gauge with a 30 inch barrel, a really nice gun, but not possibly "one of a kind" like I had hoped.  I took pictures and they are on my computer, but I can't get them to my web site.  :(