Author Topic: How do you leave your 219 rifle after cleaning???? Cocked or uncocked ????  (Read 2560 times)

savagebrother

Do you use a snap cap??? Or do you just leave it cocked???
SB

Garnett

• Administrator
I had never thought of it, but I leave all of mine cocked.  I have learned from my research that the firing pin in both striker fired and internal hammer fired models is one of the two defects in this design.  I never "dry fire" for any reason.  I have never read or heard of any comment either way about storage position of the firing pin after cleaning, until yours.  Anyone else's opinion?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:23:34 AM by Garnett »

savagebrother

thanks garnett, was just putting a new one in my 219B and it occurred to me i had read about everyone saying DINT DRY FIRE YOUR 219/220!!!! but no one said how they left theirs or if they used a snap cap????? in looking at the hammer spring on mine you could probably leave it cocked forever and still come back and it fire just fine, this spring is very heavy in its make up.
SB

Mike Armstrong

I keep snap caps in mine, having broken TWO firing pins over the years. 

I used to make my own snap caps using rounds cut out of an old nylon comb handle to replace the primer in a fired ctg.  But now that  I have fewer guns and more money, I use commercial snap caps, mostly A-Zoom.