Author Topic: Engraved Model 220A  (Read 2615 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
Engraved Model 220A
« on: July 25, 2018, 12:02:12 PM »
This is a plain Jane 12 gauge that has been beautifully engraved.  I was fortunate enough to be the high bidder.  The stock and forearm are average for this "A" series and has a cheap recoil pad added without, thankfully. shortening the stock.  As money permits, I plan on restocking with some semi-fancy wood to do justice to the great engraving.  The action and alloy trigger guard finish is "French Grey".   All pins, screws, and top lever are "Fire" blued.  All in all, a beautiful piece of art!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:38:28 PM by Garnett »

Mike Armstrong

Re: Engraved Model 220A
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 12:58:59 PM »
Somebody with some "means" really appreciated that little gun!  Garnett have you tried getting a letter from Savage on it?  Is the engraving signed?  This has to be one-of-a-kind!

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 04:40:14 PM »
There is no serial number to get any information from Savage.  However, I purchased it direct from the engraver who said it was just a really good condition standard M220A that he chose to work on.  He now is working on another, that I believe will be for sale, unless he has been commissioned by someone to engrave it.  He did not sign the gun, but I do have a letter of authentication from him.  If he gives me permission, I will list his contact information later.  Thanks for your compliment.  I really like this gun!

Mike Armstrong

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 07:59:30 PM »
I thought it was somebody's pet trap gun or card shooting gun.  How about having Simmons put a ventilated (or not) rib on it when you get done with the fancy wood?  Then you will be the first guy with a truly deluxe 220A on ANY block!

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 10:13:26 PM »
Funny you should mention a vent rib......I purchased one from Numrich a couple of years ago and have been planning on asking my local machinist/gunsmith friend to install it on a custom stocked M220 in my collection.  The gun is listed on pages 157, 158, & 159 of my revised edition.  Or pages 93, 94, & 95, of my original edition.  I just have not have had time to "get around to it". :)  So much to do....so little time.....and not much money! :-\