Author Topic: Greetings from PA.  (Read 3443 times)

Bearhands

Greetings from PA.
« on: August 04, 2018, 09:36:26 AM »
Hi Group,

First, I'd like to thank Garnett for creating this forum so that we can all learn and share our experiences.

I have been a 30-30 fan for quite some time. One day @ my LGS I spotted a 219 on the rack accompanied by a 12 ga 220 barrel.  Long story short, it is now in my possession.  A trip to the range made me fall head over heels for this little gun however, I experienced quite a few light strikes and decided to let a gunsmith sort out the issue.  As of this AM, it's now in his able hands. (Crossing fingers!)  Anyway, after the "fix" I must decide if I want to completely restore (hot blue, stock refinish etc) or leave it as is.  From the information I have gathered both from here and other spots on the net, I believe it is a first generation 219 (1937).  I'll try for some pics as soon as I get it back from the gunsmith. Your comments or suggestions are welcomed!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 09:51:25 AM by Bearhands »

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Greetings from PA.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 12:52:39 PM »
Bearhands, Welcome and thanks for sharing your gun with us.  Does your set have a forearm for both barrels and do the assembly numbers match?  Please send pictures when you can and let us know, if possible, what the gunsmith did to repair the problem.   Without seeing the gun, my first thoughts are, don't reblue.  Best wishes, Garnett     

Where are you in PA?  My daughter lives in Hershey.

Bearhands

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 09:25:23 PM »
Garnett,
Thanks for the welcome.  I do have the forearms for both barrels. Not sure about all the numbers yet but I can tell you that there is no number under the butt plate.  I'll post an update as things progress.  I'm not sold on the re-bluing yet but I do want to refinish the wood.  I am about 2 hours northeast of Hershey in northern Columbia County.

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 09:47:32 PM »
We look forward to pictures!

Bearhands

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 07:22:17 PM »
Will do as soon as possible