Author Topic: 219B won't cock???  (Read 2305 times)

savagebrother

219B won't cock???
« on: September 09, 2018, 07:30:00 PM »
Hey guys put a new firing pin in and put it all back together.  Problem is it doesn't cock all the way.
Now, I knew the firing pin was broken when I got it, but I didn't know it wouldn't cock.
Sooooo, why isn't it cocking?? Do I need a new cocking arm??? Help would be appreciated.
Thanks
SB

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: 219B won't cock???
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 07:53:43 PM »
The "B" suffix models have a stud on the right rear of the barrel lug that engages a lever (cocking arm) at the bottom inside right rear of the action when the barrel is opened.  This cocks the hammer.  I would check to see if this cocking stud is there or is missing, or it is an early barrel made without the cocking stud that has been put on a later action.  The early barrels for the "striker fired" models will fit late actions but will not cock the hammer.  The lever may also be broken or missing.  Other than that, I would be at a loss myself and have to take the gun to my gunsmith.  If you have the Revised edition of my book, please see pages 90 & 91.  I hope this will be of some help.  Good luck!

savagebrother

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 08:10:06 PM »
I should have said, everything looks good, the cocking pin is in good shape on the barrel lug.
It's the cocking arm seems to be a little loose. It's not excessively loose but it does have play in it. It catches the cocking spur on the hammer it just doesn't go far enough is what it looks like.
SB

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »
You can find this part on Ebay most of the time.  Have you considered replacing it?